Are you supersticious?
- It's Tuesday 13th
- Es martes 13.
- Are you superstitious?
- No, why?
- No, ¿por qué?
- Porque los martes trece traen mala suerte en España.
- Because Tuesdays the 13th bring bad luck in Spain.
- And do you believe in these things?
- Yes, a bit. On Tuesdays 13th I prefer not to travel.
- Yo no soy español, así es que no me afecta la mala suerte.
- I'm not Spanish, so bad luck doesn't affect me.
- Sí, claro, a ti sólo te afectan los viernes 13. 😉
- Do you know what day is today?
- ¿Sabes qué día es hoy?
- ¿Y tú crees en esas cosa?
- Sí, un poco. Los martes 13 prefiero no viajar.
- Yes, of course, you only get affected by Fridays 13th😉
Click the 2 links above to learn about a few uses of the verb ser.
Are you frustrated in trying to learn Spanish?
If it helps, your feelings of frustration are shared by many!
Trust me, you will get there, and the worry you have now, will be long gone, it's just a matter of time. :)
Meanwhile subscribe here so I can send you every week Spanish material, plus you'll have access to a private Facebook group: Spanish language buddy support group.